Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow!

The weather guessers were right (for once) and we did get some snow and ice, but they were also right about the area not getting much. It was enough to cause a two-hour delay for the federal government, but not enough to close for the day. So here I sit, stuck at my office rather than at home stitching.

I was pretty sure that we would at least get a late start today, so I stayed up a little later than usual last night and tried to catch up on BB stuff and emails. I also battled my silly computer trying to get some images to load. I was only partially successful though. My progress on Snow Wonderful loaded, but the latest pics of Santa's Magic didn't. I guess that doesn't really matter, since he hasn't changed much anyway. I think I will use him for this months stitching marathon weekend. Maybe if I spend a whole weekend working on him, I will finally see some progress.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.comI had an absolutely delightful stitching session last night, working on Snow Wonderful. I wasn't 100% sure about my fabric choice at first, but now that I have a few colors added, I really love it. The white really pops and the overdyed threads also look great. I'm really pleased with it so far. Happily the frog (he was named Benjamin on one of my stitching groups several years ago... no idea why) stayed away and I was able to make a bit of progress, even though I really didn't spend all that much time working on it last night. I'm quite happy with the way this one is coming along.

I've committed to a freebie stitch-along this weekend, so I will probably won't get much done on Snow Wonderful until next week. I haven't yet chosen the freebie that I will stitch, since this just came up for me today. We'll see what I find!

No comments: