I started out with great enthusiasm on a pretty piece of 32 ct. hand-dyed fabric that came in a recent Silkweaver order. The color is Adobe, which should work quite nicely, I think. I decided to break with my usual "start in the middle" routine and instead began in the center of the top border. I did the entire right half of the white area of the border before realizing that I had spaced each motif one stitch too far to the right. So I frogged five of the six motifs.
I restitched four of them and then proceeded to place the sixth one (the right corner) incorrectly three times. So I frogged again. And again. And again. Fourth time is the charm and I finally got it right! By then it was nearing bedtime, but I just had to get something on that fabric besides white. For all the time spent on this project this evening, I should be farther along. Oh well, it's a start.
In the meantime, I'm having one of those weeks at work. I'm teaching Monday through Thursday, which is generally fine... but this week... not so fine. I ended the three-day course today and got great reviews, so that's positive. I just feel really burned out for some reason. I'm hoping tomorrow's one-day class goes quickly because I'm really ready for this to be over for the week. And since I'm doing this training in-house, rather than on the road, I get the added bonus of keeping up with regular office nonsense while still managing to teach.
I think they (you know, the weather types) are calling for snow here on Friday. Naturally I'm hoping it's enough to close the office. Otherwise, it's just something messy that I have to drive through to get to work. Maybe I'll get a bonus stitching day yet.