Friday, December 02, 2005

Santa Ornie

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.comI put the finishing touches on the Santa ornament last night. I had a little trouble with the fabric bunching up around the corners because they were rounded. It made it a little tough to glue the front and back together neatly. I ended up putting a heavy bowl on top after gluing and letting it sit overnight on Wednesday. That worked, and I was able to hot-glue the trim on yesterday.

I was so excited with my two assemblies this week that I started another ornament last night. This time I am stitching the Elizabeth's Designs ornie from this year's JCS issue. I changed the fabric to 32 ct. natural linen and replaced the DMC with overdyes. I nearly finished the stitching last night-- just a bit more border to go and some beads on the tree.

I still haven't made a list of December goals yet. We're off to the country this weekend, so I'll have a bit of time to think about what I'd like to do this month. In the meantime, I'm planning to take Acorns & Flowers as well as some ornament patterns along for the trip.

3 comments:

Isabelle said...

Oh! I made that one! Isn't it cute! I love the cording you used. Have a good weekend!

~Harsha~ said...

thats very pretty... well done. i like the colour of the cord.

Kali said...

Love your Santa ;)