Friday, December 30, 2005

Shhh... Don't Tell!!!

I went to In Stitches during lunch today and finally had success finding the last bit of threads for Santa's Magic. I needed one skein of DMC 939 and one spool (maybe 2, just to be safe) of Kreinik #4 braid in 085. It cost $73.88!!!

Okay, so maybe there were a few extra items in my bag when I left, but it was a very small bag that didn't hold very much. In the bag were my very first L*K patterns-- Wanted! Santa '02 (Snippet) and Autumn Boxer. The Boxer was just too cute to resist, although I must admit that I can't figure out the $17 price tag. It has the chart, an 11" x 11" piece of fabric, and a ceramic leaf button. All of this is packaged in what is essentially a CD case, and it includes a 2003/2004 miniature calendar. It seems to me that an '03/'04 calendar isn't going to serve much of a purpose. But still, it was way too cute to pass up.

Of course, the Boxer, being an L*K pattern, required Weeks Dye Works threads in 19 colors. I have some of those at home already, but I still had to pick up 13 of the colors. While I was browsing, I remembered that I needed some additional Silk 'n' Colors "Dragon's Breath" thread for my Spanish Geometrical Sampler. I bought 2 skeins, just to be safe.

And I didn't forget Santa-- the reason I went to the LNS in the first place! I picked up 2 skeins of DMC 939 and 3 (yes, 3) spools of Kreinik 085 braid. It's probably more braid than I'll need, but I wanted to be sure. I'd rather have too much than run out and have to buy another $70+ spool of braid yet again.

Last, but not least, there was one lonely little skein of DMC 310.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Oooooo, someone had fun at In Stitches!!!! Your Mastercard must be smoking!! LOL!

Happy New Year Juanita!!!!!

KarenV said...

Gosh, what an expensive skein of DMC and spool of braid! ;) Enjoy your new stash!

Lili said...

I am delighted to see that you treated yourself with these Lizzie Kate "kits". They're very expensive, all right, but they're so so cute!
It will be a relief to enjoy them after Santa and the sampler...
Happy new year!