Friday, December 30, 2005

Shhh... Don't Tell!!!

I went to In Stitches during lunch today and finally had success finding the last bit of threads for Santa's Magic. I needed one skein of DMC 939 and one spool (maybe 2, just to be safe) of Kreinik #4 braid in 085. It cost $73.88!!!

Okay, so maybe there were a few extra items in my bag when I left, but it was a very small bag that didn't hold very much. In the bag were my very first L*K patterns-- Wanted! Santa '02 (Snippet) and Autumn Boxer. The Boxer was just too cute to resist, although I must admit that I can't figure out the $17 price tag. It has the chart, an 11" x 11" piece of fabric, and a ceramic leaf button. All of this is packaged in what is essentially a CD case, and it includes a 2003/2004 miniature calendar. It seems to me that an '03/'04 calendar isn't going to serve much of a purpose. But still, it was way too cute to pass up.

Of course, the Boxer, being an L*K pattern, required Weeks Dye Works threads in 19 colors. I have some of those at home already, but I still had to pick up 13 of the colors. While I was browsing, I remembered that I needed some additional Silk 'n' Colors "Dragon's Breath" thread for my Spanish Geometrical Sampler. I bought 2 skeins, just to be safe.

And I didn't forget Santa-- the reason I went to the LNS in the first place! I picked up 2 skeins of DMC 939 and 3 (yes, 3) spools of Kreinik 085 braid. It's probably more braid than I'll need, but I wanted to be sure. I'd rather have too much than run out and have to buy another $70+ spool of braid yet again.

Last, but not least, there was one lonely little skein of DMC 310.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oooooo, someone had fun at In Stitches!!!! Your Mastercard must be smoking!! LOL!

Happy New Year Juanita!!!!!

Leeland said...

I am delighted to see that you treated yourself with these Lizzie Kate "kits". They're very expensive, all right, but they're so so cute!
It will be a relief to enjoy them after Santa and the sampler...
Happy new year!