Thursday, December 01, 2005

SBQ

I've been reading others' responses to the weekly Stitching Bloggers Question but haven't answered them myself. Thought I'd give it a go.

This week's question was suggested by Angelsan:

Do you have rules in the way you stitch? (i.e., Do you start in the middle? Do you determine which blocks to stitch first? Do you always start from the top or the bottom? Do you have special paths to prevent wasting thread?)

The only 'rule' I follow is that my stitches must all lay in the same direction. Where I start depends on what type of design I'm stitching. If it's a picture-type pattern, I always start in the middle. For sampler designs, I'm split-- sometimes beginning in the center, and other times beginning at the top left. I never start at the bottom or right side of a design. I generally focus on a specific area of a design, but I also tend to get bored easily and jump around from one area to another frequently. I also do backstitching and beads as I go, or some of my projects would end up as permanent UFOs.

No comments: