Friday, December 23, 2005

The Day Before the Day Before Christmas

I haven't had a chance to post much this week, as I've been busy getting ready for the holidays. Am I ready now? Of course not!!! There is still baking to be done and gifts to be wrapped. And maybe even a gift or two to be purchased. Nothing like waiting until the last possible minute! I am one of the world's greatest procrastinators, and I hate all of the holiday pressure to do way too much, so I have always been gifted at running around like a madwoman the last two days before Christmas. I am, however, pleased with myself this year because I managed to send out holiday cards to family and friends. That's something that usually falls by the wayside due to my procrastinating ways.

I took today off of work, and right now, I really should be at the grocery store, hastily buying all the baking supplies I can grab. But I successfully talked myself out of it earlier today when I realized that the peak supermarket madness is probably going on right now. So today, I will relax and (hopefully) stitch a bit, putting off the grocery store trip until later this evening. The non-stop baking will begin early tomorrow morning, and will probably continue until we leave to visit family late Christmas morning.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comStitching has been going well this week, with some time spent working on a few different projects. After last weekends stitchathon, I continued working for a bit on Acorns & Flowers Sampler on Monday evening. This project is progressing pretty well, but I am getting tired of Montenegrin stitch. More specifically, I am getting tired of trying to figure out a not very user-friendly pattern. I often find myself guessing at what I am supposed to be stitching, as many of the diagrams are hard to read.

Tuesday is my regular UFO day, and I dutifully dragged out Santa's Magic. It's still slow going on this one, but I keep telling myself that every stitch is one stitch closer to finished.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Wednesday and Thursday were spent working on Snow Wonderful, which has been a lot of fun to stitch. I've been going back and forth between the different areas, so it never gets too boring.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Anne S said...

Your Santa piece really is gorgeous :) I'm enjoying seeing your snowman one growing too - I really do think I'm going to have to put this one on my wishlist next year :) Hope you manage to get everything finished in time - I'm usually like you too ... but this year was a tiny bit more organised ... a few cards went out late, but prezzies all bought at least a week ago phew! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, and all your hopes and dreams come true in 2006 :)

Leeland said...

You're right! Having several projects at the same time makes stitching always interesting and appealing... I think I really need this "zapping" dimension in my stitching...
I have just started stiching a Rudolph and santa, and the chart appears difficult to read, so I see what you mean with those not-friendly charts... I have tried to colour some, and it made things easier, but I guess it's not the problem with your sampler...
I admire your determination both with the sampler and Santa's magic! Take care!