Friday, November 04, 2005

TGIF!

It's Friday, and I'm looking forward to a trip to the country for the weekend. Thankfully, it's a relatively short drive, so we're able to drive out on Saturday morning and return late Sunday afternoon.

I had to get a furnace inspection at my condo yesterday. Between the house in the country and my place up here, I am getting to know more than I ever wanted about furnaces. Of course, this meant that I had to take yet another day off of work. This is absolutely NOT how I want to spend "vacation" time, but at least I did get some stitching time out of it. I am still hard at work on Castle Sampler and yesterday was no different. For now, I am concentrating on the panel of figures at the bottom. Figure #1 is completely stitched, but not yet backstitched; figure #2 is stitched and most of the backstitching is done; figure #3 is about 3/4 stitched, but no backstitch; and I have started on the bottom of figure #4. Tonight I will probably finish the backstitching on figure #2 and perhaps will finish the stitching on #3. I'd also like to spend some time on the left border this weekend, since that area is also included in my stitching goals for November. There is quite a bit of over-one stitching to do, which will be good to alternate with the stitching/backstitching on the figures.

While the furnace man was at my condo yesterday, I spent some time going through some of my finished pieces that still require framing or other finishing. The pile is pretty big, and there were a number of small pieces such as ornaments and needlerolls. I really would like to assemble some of these and have been looking around the internet for some finishing ideas. There are some really terrific sites out there!

No comments: