Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Changing goals

While rake shopping at Wal-Mart over the weekend, I took a little detour to look for flat-fold/cube-it/ornie backing fabrics. What I had in mind was something for finishing my Valentine Heart, which is (or was) one of my November Stitching Goals. Silly me... I hadn't considered that it's NOVEMBER and what fabric shops will be selling is CHRISTMAS fabby. So, I've decided not to assemble Valentine Heart, but to do something with Button Santa instead.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com I think this is too tall and narrow for a cube-it, so it will be either a flat-fold or a doorhanger... haven't decided which yet. I was successful in finding fabric, but still need to get trim. A trip to Michael's will be in order very soon.

With the modification, my November stitching goals are now as follows:

1. Complete left border of Castle Sampler (done!)
2. Complete figure panel of Castle Sampler
3. Assemble Fall Leaves needleroll
4. Make flat-fold or doorhanger out of Button Santa

I think I am on-track for my goals this month. I worked on Castle Sampler last night and figure 5 is now completely stitched. All that's left is a bit of the vine/flower background in the figure panel, and the backstitching on figure 5. Goal #2 should be met tonight or tomorrow, with Goals #3 & #4 being met over the weekend.

1 comment:

BeckySC said...

I love Button Santa, it's right up my alley :) :) i can't wait to see how you finish it off :)