Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Michael's gets more of my $$

I am not a fan of Michael's, by any stretch. They don't have most of the needlework supplies that I need, and going there is usually rather painful. Unfortunately, the LNS that I loved is gone and the Evil Corporate Entity is the most convenient option, so long as I don't need anything fancy. Then it's a 30-minute (or longer) drive to an LNS, or waiting for an online order to arrive.

Yesterday's after-work mission was picture frames (Christmas gifts) and embellishments for my Santa ornament. I was expecting the usual pain and suffering that goes along with a trip to Michael's, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't so bad on a Monday afternoon. Of course, my ever-patient BF was there to haul everything and generally keep me company. I had hoped to pick up some additional metallic braid and beads so that I can get back to work on Santa's Magic, but of course the colors I needed were not available from their pitiful collection.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.comOther than the braid and bead disappointment, which was expected, the remainder of the trip was successful. I found a 5" square frame that might work for Please Don't Eat the Daisies. The frame comes closer to the stitching than I'd like, so this may be a temporary home for PDETD, but it will do for now. I won't mount the piece permanently until I'm sure.

I also picked up various embellishments for the Santa's Trimmings ornament, but when I got them home I realized that I didn't really want Santa to be holding a string of garland... or whatever... so I've left that bit off and just added a star-shaped button to the top of his hat. I also picked up some self-adhesive mounting board for Santa and started the finishing process on my ornie when I got home.

I tried to post some pics last night, but the internet refused to cooperate. Maybe this evening.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I hear ya - I do so hate Michael's too - they really don't accomodate stitchers well at all :-(