Today is Veteran's Day, which means that my office is closed. That was supposed to translate into a day of stitching, but so far none has taken place. I had grand plans to spend some quality (read "quantity") time with Castle Sampler but somehow I keep getting distracted.
I did manage to upload some of my recent stitching photos, so I can finally get something besides words into this blog. The photo thing ended up being something of a pain... some of the images were huge and somehow distorted the linen on some of the photos. Then, I tried to upload the pics to my Geocities site last night, only to find out that I have exceeded my storage space, so most of the pics didn't make it up there. This morning, I opened an account at Picturetrail, so hopefully that will work. I haven't had much luck with uploading the pics from the PC directly to this blog... it just won't cooperate for some reason.
Enough rambling about the technical nonsense of the photos.
Here's how Castle Sampler looked as of October 11, 2005.
And here is a close-up of figures #2 and #3 that was taken on November 4.
I've made quite a bit of progress since those two photos were taken. Figures 1, 2 and 3 are completed, except for some of the backstitching, and I have stitched most of figure 4. Figure 5 is started, but I haven't done much on that one yet.
I spent last night working on the left border and am very near to finishing that section of the design. All of the over-one letters are done, as is the border itself. I just have to fill in a few pink stitches in between the letter blocks and stitch the vine motif in the top two squares. Once that is done, I will have met one of my November stitching goals.