I had such wonderful plans for this weekend. Rick and I were going to the country, where I was going to relax and stitch. I packed up Castle Sampler and he packed his guitar and laptop. This was supposed to be me...
But nooooo.... that was not to be.
When we arrived (around lunchtime on Saturday), we were greeted by a yard full of LEAVES. I have a mower with a bagger attachment and planned to use that, until I found out that an earlier repair on it hadn't been done correctly and the bagging attachment will not go on. So we were stuck dealing with the leaves the old-fashioned way. Of course, there was only one rake in the garage, which meant a trip to Wal-Mart to pick up a second rake. We spent the rest of the afternoon raking leaves and managed to get the front yard done. Afterward, I cooked dinner and by the time we were finished, I was too tired to pick up a needle. So much for my stitching weekend.
Our plan was to leave by noon on Sunday, but that didn't work out either. One of my uncles came by to get a recliner from me, and a drill press from the garage. Turns out the drill press was hard-wired to a switch and was a beast to remove. After that little ordeal, Rick still had to clean the gutters. I'm not much for climbing ladders and playing on the roof, so I pulled my big wicker chair out onto the deck and got in a little bit of stitching while he tended to the gutters. I managed a little more stitching after we got home last night, but still not much progress. But there is a holiday weekend coming up, and I have high hopes of finishing the figure panel by Sunday.