Thursday, August 31, 2006

August Review

Is it really the end of August already? I have no idea where the month went, but it certainly passed quickly. I managed to meet most of my stitching goals this month, and even exceeded a couple of them. The one goal that I didn't meet was starting and finishing Part 4 of Persian Iris Garden. I started, but then I got distracted by other things. First came a couple of exchange projecs. After that, I realized that I need to sew some clothes for our cruise. So here I am, on the last day of the month, with Part 4 only partially completed... and several more pairs of pants to make.

In the meantime, I did have a happy dance this evening. In fact, it was just minutes ago. I was determined to get back to stitching an ornament each month, so I stitched up this little project. The design is Christmas Heart Pincushion by Mary Garry's Sewing Cabin, which appeared in the JCS 2000 ornament issue.

I'll be sharing more pics, both of my sewing and PIG, soon-- as soon as I recharge the batteries for my digital camera. The Christmas ornament was small enough to fit on the scanner... not so for PIG. Or my new pants. LOL

The August review looks something like this:

1. Start and finish Part 4 of PIG - not done yet, but close; I'd guess that part 4 is about 80% finished
2. Stitch a fob for upcoming exchange - completed and ready for mailing
3. Start fall exchange project - started and FINISHED! :)
4. Assemble at least one FUFO - assembled two on 8/6
5. Stitch a Christmas ornament - Christmas Heart Pincusion, completed 8/31

AND...

6. Finally finished my Pansy Needleroll UFO on 8/15
7. Made a pair of pants and a top for the cruise

5 comments:

Chelle said...

I love your Mary Garry finish! The colors are fantastic. It looks like you accomplished a lot in August. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas Ornament, it is very pretty.

Katrina said...

great ornament finish - I've liked this one for ages, since it came out, lol.

Susimac said...

I really love this ornie. Its a lovely finish.

Carto said...

Hey there :)

I've only just realised this evening while looking at my new look blog that I never acknowledged your very sweet and kind comment that you left in relation to my post of 31st July. You must think I'm terribly rude - I'm so sorry, I cannot apologise enough. You took the time to drop by and leave a lovely note and I really do appreciate it. My head resembles a mass of soggy paper at the moment. I hope you can forgive me.

Wow this looks great! I love the colours and the design is soooo pretty. Is the chart readily available? Once again, many apologies and thanks for taking the time to come visit my blog :))) P.S. I've also just realised my new look blog looks exactly the same as yours - it's not intentional, honest! :))))