Is it really the end of August already? I have no idea where the month went, but it certainly passed quickly. I managed to meet most of my stitching goals this month, and even exceeded a couple of them. The one goal that I didn't meet was starting and finishing Part 4 of Persian Iris Garden. I started, but then I got distracted by other things. First came a couple of exchange projecs. After that, I realized that I need to sew some clothes for our cruise. So here I am, on the last day of the month, with Part 4 only partially completed... and several more pairs of pants to make.
In the meantime, I did have a happy dance this evening. In fact, it was just minutes ago. I was determined to get back to stitching an ornament each month, so I stitched up this little project. The design is Christmas Heart Pincushion by Mary Garry's Sewing Cabin, which appeared in the JCS 2000 ornament issue.
I'll be sharing more pics, both of my sewing and PIG, soon-- as soon as I recharge the batteries for my digital camera. The Christmas ornament was small enough to fit on the scanner... not so for PIG. Or my new pants. LOL
The August review looks something like this:
1. Start and finish Part 4 of PIG - not done yet, but close; I'd guess that part 4 is about 80% finished
2. Stitch a fob for upcoming exchange - completed and ready for mailing
3. Start fall exchange project - started and FINISHED! :)
4. Assemble at least one FUFO - assembled two on 8/6
5. Stitch a Christmas ornament - Christmas Heart Pincusion, completed 8/31
6. Finally finished my Pansy Needleroll UFO on 8/15
7. Made a pair of pants and a top for the cruise