Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Let the countdown begin!

Friday will be my last day of work for a while.  It's my last day of work for 4 1/2 months, to be exact.  I have so many things that I need to do at my house in the country, that I decided to take time off of work to get them done.  It has been nearly a year and a half since my dad passed away, and things out there just aren't progressing quickly enough to suit me.  Of course, there's no real rush, other than the one in my head.  I'm not planning to sell the house, but even so, I would like to have the time to go through everything out there and decide what I'd like to keep and what can go.  That takes time-- more time than I have to devote to it when I have to be at work 5 days a week.  So, that's where the leave of absence comes in.

Last night, I finally had a happy dance for Pansy Sampler!  This is the project I chose for the weekend needleroll stitch-along.  Most of this was already stitched before I picked it up over the weekend.  I only had to do the Hardanger and beads.  I just couldn't get motivated, and things kept going wrong, so I didn't finish it until last night.  I still need to hemstitch it and assemble the needleroll.  Maybe that will be next month's FUFO project.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And, here's a picture of the soap that I made on Sunday.  I love how this turned out!  I molded it in an empty breadcrumb cannister that I had washed out.  It was just the right size for the loofah, and I was able to just tear it off to unmold the soap.  From there, I sliced it about 1" thick.


8 comments:

jymisgurl said...

Your needleroll is gorgeous! And your soap is too cool! It looks kinda like sliced tomatoes!

Michelle said...

Love your needleroll and your soap looks so yummy! What a great idea to use the canister as a mold.

Unknown said...

The needleroll is beautiful! And the soaps look like slices of oranges. Yum!

Sharon said...

Beautiful needleroll! Your soap looks good enough to eat-I thought they were tomatoes!

Katrina said...

your needleroll has turned out wonderful - and great soaps, very cool!

Anonymous said...

I love the needleroll and the soap. Nice job.

Carol said...

I hope you enjoy your time off and get everything done that you hope you will - cute soap and a lovely sampler finish.

Anonymous said...

I love the soap!! That almost looks edible! :-)