Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mid-August Goal Review... and other things

First, I would like to thank everyone for the supportive comments and emails.  I'm happy to say that yesterday was considerably better than Sunday.  :)  For starters, I emailed SoapCrafters about the scale, and they are shipping me a replacement.  I've placed several orders with this company before, always with outstanding results, but this is the first time I've had any problems with an order.  I have to say that their quick response and willingness to take care of this has earned them an A+ in customer service. 

I also cut my loofah soap into bars yesterday, and oooohhh... they're nice!!  They're a little too scrubby for every day use, but great for a weekly exfoliating treatment. They also lather nicely, something that is a concern with melt & pour soaps, because not all soap bases are created equal.  A lot of them simply don't lather well.  Granted, the amount of lather has nothing to do with the cleaning ability of the soap, but it's still nice to have suds.  For anyone interested in doing M&P soaps, the bases I've been using come from the above-mentioned SoapCrafters.  I've been quite happy with the lather, even when I add a bit of cocoa butter to the mix.

Okay, enough of my "soap box" (sorry, couldn't resist the pun!).  On to the mid-month goal review:

1.  Start and finish Part 4 of PIG - started 8/1
2.  Stitch a fob for upcoming exchange - stitching completed 8/6, still need to assemble
3.  Start fall exchange project - not yet started, but I have chosen the design
4.  Assemble at least one FUFO - assembled two on 8/6
5.  Stitch a Christmas ornament - nope

Finishing Part 4 of PIG may be a bit of a stretch.  There is quite a bit of stitching in this section.  Also,
I've signed up for a LOT of exchanges in the coming months (5 to be mailed between Sept. 1 and Nov. 10).  I really enjoy stitching for exchanges, but they do take time away from PIG stitching. 

The fob will be assembled this weekend, at the latest.  The fall exchange piece will be started in the next few days, just as soon as I go to the LNS to pick up some more over-dyed thread for it.  The Christmas ornament.... well, that might not happen, but I haven't ruled it out yet.  But I did assemble two FUFOs!!

1 comment:

Cathy B said...

I have to decide on an Autumn design yet....I'm still paging through my patterns.