Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Just a quick check-in

My first few days of "Temporary Retirement" have been quite nice, but I haven't spent much time on the computer.  Maybe tomorrow I will have time to catch up on my blog reading.  For now, there are just a few minutes to post.

On the stitching front, I've had a Happy Dance for my completed fall exchange project.  I can't wait to share a photo.  It will be a while though, since the project won't even be mailed until October. 

I've also worked a bit on PIG.  It's coming along nicely, although I still haven't managed to get a great photo of it. 



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




I'm also busy counting the days until our cruise.  I'm looking forward to the trip, but there is still a lot to prepare before we go.  For one thing, I need clothes.  Being a natural born procrastinator, I didn't start shopping until last weekend.  The stores have all of their fall/winter stuff out now, and there's not much available that would be suitable for a tropical vacation.  So... I decided to MAKE the things I need.  Everything except swimwear, anyway.  I did manage to find one of those yesterday-- the only one in the entire store that wasn't on sale. :(  With just over 2 weeks before we leave, I've been spending a lot of time at the fabric store.  My sewing machine is rapidly becoming my new best friend, which hasn't left a lot of time for stitching. 

14 comments:

Michelle said...

You've made some great progress on PIG. I imagine those columns took quite a bit of time. Good for you making what you need!

Anonymous said...

PIG is looking great. OOOOhhhhh a cruise, how nice. Where to?

Anonymous said...

PIG is coming along so nicely! I can't wait to see it all finished :)

Cathy B said...

Going on a cruise? Wow, lucky you. I hope you have a fabulous time.

PIG is coming along nicely!

Anonymous said...

Your Piggie is looking fantastic! and a cruise - how wonderful for you :)

jymisgurl said...

Your PIG looks amazing! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love how that looks on the dark fabric!

Singular Stitches said...

Please share pics of your sewing...they're still stitches, you know!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!
You do very nice work!!

CindyMae said...

Very nice progress, that is just beautiful!

Von said...

You're stitching up a storm - just with the sewing machine! Way to go! :D

Dana said...

Beautiful works of cross stich you have here.

I am about to start a new one soon, but not quite sure how to start it. Meaning, it's not a pattern and not a kit. I am making my first creation. I have patterns of borders and alphabets, but piecing it together seems daunting. I guess I should get graph paper? Yikes. I really need a computer program. LOL

OK, enough of my rambling.

Unknown said...

Beautiful piece. I've only worked on dark fabric once but yours makes me want to do another. Enjoy your cruise - it's my favorite way to vacation.

Chelle said...

Your PIG is awesome, really coming along! Congrats on finding swimwear...I'd never find one to fit, at any price. ;o)