Thursday, January 05, 2006

SBQ - LNS or ONS?

This week's question:

Do you do your stash shopping at your LNS, ONS, or both? Which do you like better? Why?

I shop at both an LNS and various online shops and like each type of shopping for different reasons.

Online shops are great for selection-- there isn't much we can't find online. But they lack the enjoyment of touching the fabrics and fibers, and seeing the patterns up close. If I know exactly what I want, or if I am looking for something that is hard-to-find, I usually order online to save myself the trouble of going all the way to an LNS that may or may not have what I need. The exception to this is hand-dyed fabrics-- I often order those online, just to have them on-hand.

For browsing, you can't beat an LNS. I love to go through the racks of patterns, and often discover things that I didn't know I needed. If you want proof of that, read about my $73.88 skein of floss. The stitched models are also inspiring-- I often purchase patterns that I never would have stitched, simply because the model looked so much nicer than the pattern. I also like to see the store models that are finished in ways other than framing.

No comments: