The monthly stitch-athon weekend starts this evening. For January, I've decided to work on Spanish Geometrical Sampler, by Heart's Content. I haven't worked on this project since November 2005, when this photo was taken.
I fell in love with this design the moment I first saw the pattern. It was designed in shades of purple and green, which didn't work with my decor. Finding just the right colors was a challenge, to say the least. I started with a beautiful variegated Waterlilies silk and from there found the shades of red, peach and greens to coordinate with it. I've been very pleased with how this project is turning out with the changes. The one thing I haven't yet replaced are the beads. My intention was to replace the beads with other silk threads, but I haven't yet found just the right thing, so all of the beaded areas are still bare.