Monday, February 20, 2006

Stitchathon Update

This past weekend was the monthly stitchathon and I chose to work on Castle Sampler. One of my goals this month was to complete the castle in the center panel, and I thought I could do it if I worked on it over the weekend. I ended up discovering some mistakes, both my own and charting errors, so had to frog a couple of times. Despite the setback, I managed to complete the castle and the inner border. The castle and figures both required lots of color changes and backstitching, which slowed my progress considerably. Now that those areas are completed, I'm hoping this project will move along a bit more quickly.

Image hosting by Photobucket

5 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Juanita! Your castle is impressive!!!! I am always in awe of how folks get through these detailed TW designs!!!!! Aside from the one dragon on Legends of the Dragons, and one of her rocking horses I did years ago... I have not been so brave!! LOL

Kim said...

It is so stunning! You are making great progress. :D All your hard work really shows. :D

Von said...

You are making amazing progress on this!! Sorry about the frogging - it seems no matter how carefully I count and track my stitching, I make at least one froggable error on each design, lol!

Sara said...

Castle Sampler is looking awesome!

MysteryKnitter said...

I agree with Sara. CS looks awesome.