Friday, July 28, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingToday's SBQ is from Von:

Many of us have a few pairs of embroidery scissors and some even have a �collection�. How many pairs of scissors do you have? Feel free to share a photo of your favorite pair or pairs with us!

I'm not sure how many pairs of scissors I have.  All of them never seem to be in the same place at once.  The two pictured here are the ones that I use the most.  The pair on the bottom are a pair of Gingher's from their Designer series.  I forget what the pattern is called.  (Amanda, maybe?)  I have another pair just like them, except the handles are decorated in a blue floral.  The pair at the top of this photo are my Solingen's.  They're extremely fine and razor-sharp.  I just love them!

The tiny black pair was purchased to replace a gold-handled pair of Gingher's that I lost.  Well, I thought I lost them anyway.  They eventually turned up, and I now have two pair of very finely pointed scissors.  I also have one pair of "everyday" scissors that are very pretty w/ green handles, and I recently discovered a few pairs of old German embroidery scissors as I was cleaning out one of the many corners of the house that I inherited from my parents. 

I have to admit that I have a thing for pretty embroidery scissors, and it takes a lot of willpower not to continue buying more of them every time I'm at the LNS.

3 comments:

Cathy B said...

I have a pair of Gingher's too (different pattern) but they are my favorite!

Lana said...

Hi! PIG is looking good! and i loved the picture you posted ont he 24th of your fur baby's! How adorable!
~Lana~

Von said...

Hi Juanita,
Your scissors are so pretty! Like you I can never seem to corral all of them in one place at one time, lol! I'd love to have the entire collection of designer series Ginghers, but those darn budgetary constraints come into play. :D