Thursday, July 06, 2006

SBQ - Week of 7/5

This week's SBQ is from Vash:



What is the biggest mishap you have had with your stitching material (i.e. spillages)?



Years ago, something like 1992 or 1993, I started a Paula Vaughan design for a friend's wedding.  It was large and had nearly solid stitching.  It was also one of my first pieces stitched on linen.  It took a long time to stitch, and it was almost complete when I had a giant "oops" moment.  One day, I was doing laundry... a load of RED clothes.  Just as I was moving the laundry out of the washer and into the dryer, I saw something light sticking out.  And there it was-- the Paula Vaughan that I had spent so many hours on.  I have no idea how it ended up with my laundry, and I don't think I have to tell you how horror-struck I was when I found it in with the load of already-washed red clothes.  Amazingly, nothing bled onto it, and it was absolutely fine when all was said and done.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You are one lucky lucky gal! I hope you told your friend the story AFTER you presented her with the gift!

Elizabeth Braun said...

Those bath bombs are FANTASTIC! Well done!

I've had trouble with Blogger photos too and had to make 3 posts to show my WIPs instead of 1 as it wouldn't let me post more than one photo!!!!=(

Elisabeth, UK=)

Von said...

Wow! The stitching gods were surely smiling on you in that incident!! :D