What is the biggest mishap you have had with your stitching material (i.e. spillages)?
Years ago, something like 1992 or 1993, I started a Paula Vaughan design for a friend's wedding. It was large and had nearly solid stitching. It was also one of my first pieces stitched on linen. It took a long time to stitch, and it was almost complete when I had a giant "oops" moment. One day, I was doing laundry... a load of RED clothes. Just as I was moving the laundry out of the washer and into the dryer, I saw something light sticking out. And there it was-- the Paula Vaughan that I had spent so many hours on. I have no idea how it ended up with my laundry, and I don't think I have to tell you how horror-struck I was when I found it in with the load of already-washed red clothes. Amazingly, nothing bled onto it, and it was absolutely fine when all was said and done.