Thursday, July 06, 2006

SBQ - Week of 7/5

This week's SBQ is from Vash:



What is the biggest mishap you have had with your stitching material (i.e. spillages)?



Years ago, something like 1992 or 1993, I started a Paula Vaughan design for a friend's wedding.  It was large and had nearly solid stitching.  It was also one of my first pieces stitched on linen.  It took a long time to stitch, and it was almost complete when I had a giant "oops" moment.  One day, I was doing laundry... a load of RED clothes.  Just as I was moving the laundry out of the washer and into the dryer, I saw something light sticking out.  And there it was-- the Paula Vaughan that I had spent so many hours on.  I have no idea how it ended up with my laundry, and I don't think I have to tell you how horror-struck I was when I found it in with the load of already-washed red clothes.  Amazingly, nothing bled onto it, and it was absolutely fine when all was said and done.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You are one lucky lucky gal! I hope you told your friend the story AFTER you presented her with the gift!

Sew-in-Love said...

Those bath bombs are FANTASTIC! Well done!

I've had trouble with Blogger photos too and had to make 3 posts to show my WIPs instead of 1 as it wouldn't let me post more than one photo!!!!=(

Elisabeth, UK=)

Von said...

Wow! The stitching gods were surely smiling on you in that incident!! :D