Monday, July 31, 2006

Right on Time

PIG was put aside for a while this month while I worked on exchange projects, and I wasn't sure I'd have part 3 finished on-time.  Part 4 of Persian Iris Garden will be released tomorrow, and it looks like I am right on schedule for this one.  Last night, I finished the beads and tonight I will add the last little bit of metallic braid.  That means that tomorrow I will be ready to start part 4. 

I decided not to take an update pic until I complete part 3.  In the meantime, I was browsing through some WIP photos and came across this UFO. 



Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

The design is Flower Power, by Crossed Wing Collection.  There's a photo of the pattern here.  It's a huge design-- 574 x 340 stitches.  I started it on 32 ct. antique white Belfast linen.  The entire design is to be stitched over 2, but I decided to convert the hummingbirds and insects to over 1.  I think that's where I went wrong.  I got part of the way into the first hummingbird, put the project down, and never picked it back up again.  Someday, perhaps I'll frog the over-one bits and get back to work on it. 


3 comments:

Trixie said...

You weren't kidding about the huge part!! It'll be beautiful when doen tho. I have a few projects that are put away just because I'm not liking them for some reason ... there are SO many other beautiful things to stitch on out there!!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOHHH, you need to finish the piece by CWC, it's so pretty.

MysteryKnitter said...

Sue, my thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!! I could have fainted when I saw that FP thing!!!!!!!!! How beautiful!!!!!