Friday, July 07, 2006

Bluebird Landed

I found out today that my For the Birds exchange gift for Chris arrived safely. I stitched a portion of a seasonal sampler from an old JCS issue. It's a sampler I'd like to stitch for myself someday, and I thought this bit of it was perfect for a bird-themed exchange. And it was just the right size to finish as a needlebook!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You can't tell from the picture, but the fabric is actually a light green color. Willow Green, I think. I finished the inside using a strawberry and floral printed fabric. I found this fabric purely by accident when I was clearing out a closet at my "other" house. My mom used to make a lot of aprons and always kept cheery fabrics on-hand. I think this must have been for that purpose. At any rate, I thought it was much more suitable for this project than any of the others that I had purchased recently.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

8 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Such a cute exchange. The pattern is lovely and I adore how you finished it. Great job! Can't wait to see your summer exchange either:)

LivnLaf said...

How Cute!!!

Singular Stitches said...

How nice! The bird is just so pretty!

Cathy B said...

Awesome! Chris must be thrilled with this exchange gift. The fabric goes quite nicely with your stitched design!

Susimac said...

Very pretty, your fabric matches the design brilliantly, what a lovely exchange.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

What a sweet bird. This came out great.
CJ

Melissa said...

What a sweet design. Your exchange partner is very lucky!

Leeland said...

What a lovely bird! And the fabric definitely is the perfect choice! Well done, Juanita!
You are lucky having a crafty mother! I don't have one single chance to find a beautiful piece of fabric in my parents' house, believe me...
Take care!