Friday, March 24, 2006

This week's SBQ was suggested by Carol:


Have you ever participated in a needlework mystery (i.e., a design that you started before knowing how it will look in the end and by which you receive parts of the design via the internet, magazines, or leaflets at spaced intervals)? If so, why did you decide to do the mystery? What appealed to you about it? Did you enjoy it? If you have not done a mystery, would you ever do one?

I've never participated in a needlework mystery project, and I doubt that I will in the future. Many of the finished designs do appeal to me, especially the Chatelaine designs. Even so, I wouldn't sign up for one. I prefer to know what a design will look like before I commit my time and $$ to stitching it. I would hate to get part of a project done, only to decide that it wasn't something I would choose to stitch outside of the "mystery" project. So, I'll continue to wait and see what the mysteries look like before purchasing any of the patterns.

No comments: