Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Weekend stitching... or lack thereof

The weekend was great, very productive. I didn't do a lot of stitching, though. This was the monthly stitchathon weekend, but I had to squeeze stitching sessions in between everything else I needed to accomplish. There simply wasn't enough time or energy.

My weekend started with a drive to the country on Friday evening. Normally we don't leave until Saturday morning, but this time I had some bank business that needed to be done, so we had to leave on Friday. I came home from work, cooked dinner, cleaned a little, packed a little, then jumped in the car. Most of Saturday was spent between the bank, DMV, and yard work. All of that was followed by some quality time in the jacuzzi, which didn't leave much time for stitching. Sunday was Easter dinner with family, followed by the drive home. Again, not much time for stitching.

I had intended to work on Robert's Stocking over the weekend. The stitching is nearly done, and it works up so quickly. I thought it would be a good project for the weekend, as well as a nice break from Castle Sampler. But when the time came to work on it, I just couldn't get motivated. So I pulled out Castle Sampler and worked on it instead. With such limited stitching time, I didn't make a lot of progress. Still, I am inching closer to a finish on this one. Here are the Before & After pics:

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket


And now, a gratuitous picture from the country. This is my little breakfast nook, one of my favorite spots in the house. We have a very pretty formal dining room out there, but I like the breakfast nook, with it's view of the mountains. On the table are some flowers that I picked on Easter morning. They were for my aunt, along with the crystal pitcher, which had belonged to my mother. The tablecloth is cross stitched, but not by me. It was passed on by a friend of the family. I don't know who stitched it, or when, but it is quite old.

Image hosting by Photobucket

4 comments:

Leeland said...

Hi Juanita!
It's been a long time since I last visited your blog... and what a treat for the eyes! I love the partridge ornie, The Castle is a big gorgeous project, and Robert's stocking is so unusual and lovely! I love all of your projects! Also, thanks for treating us with this pic of your table, and this cross stitched project on the table, stitched by ??? which shows both the heirloom aspect of our hobby, and the importance of signing and dating our projects (wink).
Seaside sampler is very beautiful too.
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog, as it is sharing that makes it all worthwhile...
Take care!

Cathy B said...

Juanita - the tablecloth is beautiful; certainly a treasure! Your breakfast nook does look like a comfortable spot to linger!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my blog!

Von said...

What a charming place to drink your morning coffee, Juanita!!
I was very short on stitching time this weekend too, what with Easter activities. But you did get to sit down with the needle for awhile and even a few stitches gets us closer to a finish! :D

LivnLaf said...

What a beautiful little "corner of the world". I love Northern VA especially out in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The table cloth is very pretty too! I didn't get much done this past week either...one day off but now off for 4 and too tired to get back in the car and battle traffic to go to the Stitch Night at LNS...oh well. Will curl up in my baggy pj's and BF's T-shirt and do some cross stitching at home tonight.