Friday, April 14, 2006

My Next Project

I did it!!! I signed up for my very first Chatelaine on-line class. These designs have always appealed to me, but this is the first one that I've just HAD (!!!) to stitch. Which one?? Why, Persian Iris Garden, of course!

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love artwork or designs that have a Persian influence. The moment I saw this design, I knew I would be stitching it. It's just so... ME!! Believe it or not, I didn't sign up for the Yahoo group immediately. The project doesn't begin until May 1, and I thought it would be torture to join the group months before the pattern, or even the materials list, was released. So, I waited.

The materials list was released while I was on vacation, and I sent my payment for the group early this week. I also promptly ordered the materials (including the extra bead pack for the corners) from European Cross Stitch. Unfortunately, my package won't be shipped until at least May 1, so I won't have the materials on the day that the pattern is released.

I'm anxiously awaiting my start on this project. I even have "music to stitch by" picked out (something by Kayhan Kalhor, most likely). It's going to be a long wait!

In the meantime, I'm trying to finish Castle Sampler-- hopefully before Persian Iris Garden arrives.

4 comments:

LivnLaf said...

Oh my Goodness!!! That Irus Persian Garden is fantastic...are you going to do it on black? I am doing a Goode Huswife piece on black and it has been quite a challenge unless working under a really good "Day" lamp or out in the sunshine. Too bad you have to wait until May 1 or so to get your kit :-(

Carol said...

Ooo, Persian Iris Garden! You picked a good one!!! I think I will sign up for it and collect the chart parts, but stitch it later as I am getting a little burned out with having both Mystery IX and Medieval Town Mandala going at the same time... but cannot resist that iris garden! I will live vicariously through watching yours grow for a while!

Happy Easter!

Anne S said...

Have to admit, I love that one too ... I'd be very very tempted further down the track ;P It's a pain waiting for all the materials, though, isn't it? I can't wait for my Leporello kit to wait either ... ho-hum ... :P

Svenja said...

Congratulations to your first Chatelaine! Be careful though, it could become an addiction ;). Persian Garden is beautiful and I'm very tempted by it myself (but I think two big Chatelaines - Japanese and Egyptian Garden - at the same time are more than enough!)