Friday, October 06, 2006

A Perfect Day

It certainly didn't start out that way-- I woke up this morning with an earache/sore throat/stuffy head combo that is quite unpleasant. And did I mention that it's gray and rainy? Even so, the day has shaped up quite nicely... the kind of day that we stitcher's often wish for, but rarely get.

The case of the nasties that I woke up with this morning is nothing serious, just my yearly "change of seasons" nonsense. Afer popping a couple of cold/allergy pills this morning, I propped my feet up and stitched. And stitched. And STITCHED.

It's a work day for BF, so he has been in and out, and generally looking after me. He did the grocery shopping, built a nice fire for me (okay, so it was one of those "fake" logs, but still nice), and even brought home some sort of yummy coffee drink from the local coffee shop. I never had to leave the house. Or my jammies. LOL

I worked on a pretty little thing this morning, but I can't share. It's for the SBEBB Needlework Smalls exchange. I'll have pics once it is received. It's an original design and I'm very happy with the way it is turning out. :) All of the stitching is just about finished. I should have it done and in the mail several days in advance of the October 15 mailing date.

I got a little tired of the exchange project, so I switched to PIG for the afternoon. Part 6 came out on October 1, and I'm still not finished with parts 4 & 5. I'm not too far behind, but I still feel as though I may never catch up. Part 4 has been a giant pain, thanks to some charting errors... and additional errors in the "corrections" that were supplied. Part 5 hasn't been too bad, but it's 100% beads, and I can only stand to do that for so long before I need to stop. My new daylight lamp has made a HUGE difference in the beading on PIG, but I have to sit at a desk while I bead, which is generally uncomfortable.

Here's the last progress pic of the little (big?) PIGgie, taken before I left for Hershey.

At this point, I have most of part 5 done-- only 1/2 of one beaded corner to complete in part 5. Nearly all of the stitching is complete in part 4 as well, but I do need to do a bit more of the specialty stitching. I didn't touch any of that today though. Instead, I cheated and started on part 6. It's just regular stitching, with a bit of backstitch, done in vibrant shades of blue. I couldn't resist, especially with the weather being so gray outside today.


Von said...

Sorry you woke up feeling icky, but you certainly salvaged the day nicely!!
PIGgie is looking soooo good! :D
Enjoy the weekend and hope you get rid of the bug!

Cathy said...

Hope you are feeling better Juanita. Didn't it feel great to just stitch, and stitch, and STITCH?

Lana said...

PIG is really coming out beautifully! Sorry to hear you woke up stuffy and miserable, but it sounds like you got the perfect prescription! A day of lounging with your needle and thread! sounds like just what the doctor ordered! Happy stitching!

Nancy in IL said...

Hi Juanita! I'm back into cirulation after taking a miserable hiatus. I'm glad to hear you're feeling well enough to get in some stitching in your PIGgie. What an inspiration! I have only one MW, kitted and ready to stitch... Convent Herbal Garden, and I have yet to put in a stitch. It's a bit intimidating, but I'll tackle it eventually. Your is just lovely!

Singular Stitches said...

I hope you're feeling better! At least you were able to stitch.

What a sweetie, BF is! Food and a logette in the fire, what could be better??