I had a couple of sewing finishes this week, both from patterns that I've sewn before. After the great collar debacle, my sewing mojo was suffering badly, and I really needed something quick & fun. First up, S2603, the popular cardi-wrap that everyone under the sun (except me) seems to have made already. I made B4737, a sleeveless top, to go under it. As I was sewing the cardigan, I wasn't sure how much I'd like it, but I was happy with it when I wore it recently. Excuse the frightening "bad hair, no make-up" look... I'm so behind in documenting any of my sewing that I got lazy about the picture. Sorry. :(
The cardigan went together quite easily, though hemming it was a pain. It has a LOT of edges to hem!! And I've never particularly enjoyed hemming knit fabrics. Amazingly, this fabric actually behaved with the iron, so the hemming wasn't too horrible, just tedious. The top underneath is ridiculously easy, not much to it at all... exactly what I needed to help get my sewing mojo back.
It's hard to tell with this completely unstyled picture, but it actually works well with jeans. It would be great with dress pants, but at the moment, I don't have any that fit. :( Rather inexcusable, since I could just sew some, but I'm still losing weight and hate altering things after they're sewn. So, more pants are just going to have to wait.
Meanwhile, I am making plenty of pajama pants. I made one pair for BF recently (no photos yet) in some absolutely ridiculous juvenile fabric. This is what I made for me...
Isn't the fabric great? The pattern is M5248, the same one I used for the pink butterly pajamas a few months ago. I liked those, but the fabric didn't hold up well at all in the wash. I guess that's what I get for using Wal-Mart flannel. LOL I made a second pair at Christmas using candy cane printed flannel from Joann's. Those did *MUCH* better in the wash, so I bought more during their last flannel sale.
Last, but not least, is NL6735, another pattern that I've made before. I picked up this fabric at Wal-Mart. I was on the fence about the print... wasn't sure if it was awful or not. But I figured the gored skirt would help break up the pattern a bit, and the black top tones it all down a little.
Naturally, I couldn't finish all these projects without starting something new. ;) My latest WIP is M5523. I'm doing View A and LOVING working on this one!! It would be finished by now, but yesterday I realized that the dark color is NOT black. It's dark chocolate brown, and I don't have a zipper for it.