Friday, March 12, 2010

February Review


Wow... where did February go? Or March, for that matter?

First things first-- my TUSAL progress. This was supposed to be posted on February 15. I took the photo on time, but never managed to get it online. I still haven't figured out how to get a decent picture of a brandy snifter.

My TUSAL container is a bit fuller now, but not by much. I haven't done a whole lot of stitching so far this month. For whatever reason, I just haven't been very motivated lately.

As for my February goals... they didn't go so well. Here's the review-- with accompanying notes/excuses.

1. Finish Lacy Ribs socks - not finished. I have about 1 1/2 socks so far. I planned to do these in boot length, but after completing sock #1, I realized that I really didn't like the length, so I had to UN-KNIT (ugh!!!!!) half of the sock. After that tedious bit of work, I lost most of my motivation to work on these socks. I'm pretty close though, and should have them finished this month.

2. Spend at least 10 hours on PIG - DONE!!! It doesn't look like much progress to me, but it was a good 10 hours or more.

3. Work on Adia at least once (this is a real challenge, as I have sort of hit the wall with this one) - Okay, I'll be honest... I never even took it out of the drawer.

4. Continue working on Garden Verses - At last, a goal I can actually meet! This was one of the few things I actually worked on in February. It's coming along quite nicely. Updated photo soon.

5. Assemble one FUFO - I really had to force myself, but I did assemble a FUFO. I chose Sekas' Valentine Heart, a project that has been completed for years but never assembled. I'm not altogether thrilled with the way it turned out. I used a pillow form, but think it would have been better just to use fiberfill.



6. Start & finish a needleroll (assembly included!) - Close, but not quite. I stitched a cute little snowman piece during the February blizzard. The stitching is completed, and the ends are finished. I need to find two charms for it, though. Other than that, it just needs to be sewn & stuffed.

All in all, I'm less than thrilled with my February progress. For March, I think I'll just try to finish the uncompleted February items.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Juanita! You sound like me...my goals are bigger than my motivational ablility to finish them. I do love the sekas pillow though. Would it help for me to tell you how long I've wanted to see Adia done? I've never seen her finished by anyone :(
hugs,
babs