Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November... so soon?

I have no idea where the time has gone. One day I just looked at the calendar and saw that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. When did that happen?

We spent last week in Hilton Head Island, SC. It was a lovely week, but I have to admit that I haven't quite gotten back into the swing of things since we returned home. This is a really difficult time of year for me... I simply don't do well during the winter months with the shorter days. I'm fighting it by trying to stay busy and keeping up with my assorted crafts.

I've been busy stitching, but not with anything that I can share. I'm currently working on two exchanges. One is the winter installment of Becky's year-long Prairie Schooler exchange. I didn't participate in the others this year, but I really love PS designs and decided to MAKE time for this one. The other exchange is a Christmas ornament for an email group that I've belonged to for many years. I love doing ornaments, but always seem to have a hard time choosing the one I want to stitch.

I can share a photo of my latest finish. This is the Mill Hill kit that I was working on last month. I completed it on November 3. All I need to do now is pick up a frame.



There haven't been any new baskets lately. I missed the last couple of classes, and there won't be another until after Thanksgiving. There are some new socks in the works, though. I've finished one already, and have started the heel of the second one. It won't be long now! :)

4 comments:

Tommye said...

very pretty. Do you like working on perf. paper?

wot said...

It's beautiful, congratulations!

Brigitte said...

A beautiful finish.Looking forward to seeing it framed.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.