Thursday, May 18, 2006

SBQ - Week of 5/17

This week's SBQ is from Jenna and is:

Lately, it seems that many stitching bloggers have experienced a loss
of their stitching mojo. Have you ever lost your stitching mojo? If
so, how did you get it back and how long did it take?


My stitching mojo has been okay recently, but I have lost it in the past. How I've gotten it back depended on the cause, and the depth of mojo loss. If it's something that has happened because of life events, I simply wait it out. For more generalized cases, I do the following:

- Check out blogs. There's lots of inspiration out there.
- Browse an online shop. Also inspirational.
- Fondle my fabric stash.
- If none of that works... go stash shopping!
- Start something new. Nothing's more exciting than a piece of virgin fabric, waiting for that first stitch.
- Finish something old. I think most of us have some nearly finished projects that got put aside for one reason or another, and a Happy Dance is one of the very best motivators.
- Assemble a FUFO. Sometimes this is a nice alternative to stitching.

And ALWAYS, above all else-- stitch every day!! Even if I don't feel like stitching, I always put just a few stitches into one of my projects. It may not be much, but it's that many stitches closer to a completed project, and it keeps me in the stitching habit.

No comments: