Saturday, July 10, 2010

FUFOs!

I think most of us have a collection of FUFOs-- projects where the stitching is completed, but for one reason or another, aren't truly finished and ready for display. I also think that my FUFO pile is bigger than most. A lot of projects are there because they need to be framed. I have a real backlog of those kinds of items. But I also have lots of smalls awaiting assembly. I'm on very good terms with my sewing machine, so why can't I seem to finish any of my FUFOs?

Having no good excuse for continuing to ignore a growing FUFO pile, I decided that rather than starting yet another small, I would finally put together some of the ones I've already stitched. I now have a few new Christmas ornaments and some LHN designs finished into small pillows (and now I need to make a basket to display them LOL). The pillows were inspired by some finishes that BeckySC posted on her blog.





All of these projects were completed with fabric that I already had in my stash. So really, there was no excuse for waiting so long to assemble them. I still have lots more to do, but at least the collection has been reduced by six. :)

Of course, I can't post without an update of Garden Verses.

1 comment:

Babs in Alabama said...

Hi Juanita! I thought I'd left a comment, but must not have. All your finishes are beautiful and Garden Verses is going to be soooo beautiful when you're done.
I'm trying to get some things put together stitched a long time ago too. Thanks for inspiring.
babs