Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day?

Is it really the end of summer already? It doesn't seem like it could be, but the calendar says otherwise. It looks as though our tomato plants did not get the memo this year. They've been very late and are just now starting to ripen. I tried some romas this year, so we're hoping for some homemade sauce soon.

An end-of-summer tradition where we live is the county fair. I always promise myself that I'll enter some of my stitching, but I never seem to do it. I've only entered once-- many years ago. I finally managed to get myself organized enough to do it again, and I put in three pieces this year.

My "large picture" entry was Angel of Love. I stitched this years ago for my mom. She had always wanted me to show this one, so that was my very first choice. It won 2nd place. :) Sorry for the lousy picture, but it was very difficult to photograph because of the glass. At the time I originally completed it, I didn't have a website, or a digital camera, so there are no photos of it prior to framing.



The other pieces that I entered were in the "holiday decoration" and "miscellaneous" sections. For the holiday category, I entered TrickORTreat Box (2nd place). In the miscellaneous section, I chose the biscornu that I completed not so long ago. No one seemed to be able to figure out what purpose the biscornu was supposed to serve, and I was quite surprised to find out that it also won a 3rd place ribbon. :)

   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your ribbons - well deserved :)

Brigitte said...

Great pieces indeed. Enjoy your ribbons.