Thursday, October 13, 2005

My first blog

A bit of rainy-day boredom coupled with some random Internet wanderings through various stitching sites, and voila!... my very own blog is born. It's a rather forlorn little thing at the moment, but perhaps with a bit of nurturing, it will grow and mature.

This has been a less-than-exciting week at work. A holiday week (Columbus Day was Monday) means that lots of folks have taken time off, which means there isn't much going on here. Invariably, that leads to thoughts of the multitude of things that I could be doing if I wasn't stuck here... in cubicle-land. Things like stitching or scrapbooking.

I've been on a stitching roll this week, starting with last weekend's marathon two-day stitching event. Okay, so it wasn't exaclty an "event" but there was a lot of stitching nonetheless. Going into the holiday weekend, I was determined to have ONE DAY where I did nothing but stitch... I lucked out and got two. Such luxury!!! I spent those two precious days working furiously on Teresa Wentzler's Castle Sampler. I made quite a bit of progress, but there is still much left to do.

I enjoy stitching Teresa Wentzler's designs, but have a hard time coming back to them after putting them away for a while. It's hard to find where I left off and I always have difficulty figuring out what I've stitched. I also worry about missing stray stitches-- easy to do with so much confetti stitching. I guess I'll stick with this project for as long as I can. Or at least until the pull of my Spanish Geometric Sampler becomes too strong. That one is getting closer to completion... not so close that I will be done soon, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: